Review: What is my IP by smallseotools
A unique IP address is characteristic of every device which is part of an IP-based network such as a computer, router, modem, printer, switch, etc. This address is the foundation
What is an IP address?
- ‘IP’ is an abbreviation of ‘Internet Protocol’.
- An IP address is basically a strand that comprises unique numbers that are isolated by periods.
- A unique IP address is characteristic of every device which is part of an IP-based network such as a computer, router, modem, printer, switch, etc. This address is the foundation on which the architect of a network is built and the existence of any network is not possible without it.
Why you need an IP address?
- You must have an active IP address to access the internet.
- Without an IP address, you cannot watch any video on YouTube, use social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and check emails, etc.
- You do not have to do anything like register or signing up to acquire an IP address. This is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider (ISP) when you are online.
- Ever thought about what is it that you are doing when browsing the internet? You are actually making a request to these websites like Netflix, smallseotools to have access to their content by entering their URL.
But where will these websites send you your required data? At your IP address. And that’s exactly the reason it called ‘Address’. So that the season which you are trying to open on YouTube is displayed on your PC and not your friend’s PC.
- An IP address also provides the location of these devices.
- The IP address enables you to connect smoothly to other computers in a network and share data with them.
Versions of IP addresses:
Two versions of IP addresses are available:
- Internet Protocol Version 4(IPv4)
- Internet Protocol Version 6(IPv6)
- IPv4 was the first IP designed.
- It comprises a 32-bit number.
- It is categorized into various classes in the range o A to E.
- IPv6 was designed to reduce the load of IPv4 which has increased so much due to an exhaustive increase in internet usage.
- It constitutes of 128-bit IP.
Types of IP addresses:
There are two types of IP addresses.
- Private IP address
- Public IP address
Private IP address:
- Private IP addresses are your permanent internet address which does not normally change until in some special case network administration does so.
- It connects you to your LAN (Local Area Network)
- IP address examples: “10.”, “172.16.”, and “192.168.”
Public IP addresses:
- Unlike the static nature of private IP addresses, public IP addresses are quite dynamic which means they are prone to change and thus are temporary.
- Every time a computer connects to a worldwide web(www) it is assigned with this address which is unique and does not match any other IP address in the world.
- It is this address through which you connect to the internet and share and receive stuff within the network.
- You can check how your IP address changes when you go to a different place like a coffee-shop, another city, etc. Or when you turn off your computer or connect to a different Wi-Fi just by visiting [SmallSEOTools.com/What-is-My-IP]
Features of ‘What is my IP’ tool by smallseotools:
All you need to do to check your IP address is visit the website; smallseotools.com. Click on ‘What is my IP’ and here you have your IP address in front of you.
- Additionally, it also shows the map of IP address location.
- Furthermore, it also provides data about hostname, country, region, city, latitude, longitude as can be seen in the picture given below.
Why I need to check my IP address?
There can be numerous reasons for knowing your IP address such as:
- Knowing your IP address helps you ensure your security.
- If you have been using the same internet connection and desktop for quite a while it's good to know your IP just to have a record.
- It is important to know it to have knowledge of where your internet activity is emerging from.
- Sometimes a tech company might ask for your IP address which can help them assist you better in some way.
- It is important to know your IP address for stuff like online gaming, proxy detection, remote desktop applications, etc.